Google account has many benefits from logging in to Gmail account to creating profile on Facebook. You can use your Google account to access Google play, Google music and much more. Your Google account contains many information about you like your name, date of birth, phone number etc. Your age decides your access to many Google products including YouTube, Google+ etc. In case, you have entered a wrong information regarding your date of birth, you can change it easily. If you are looking for change my date of birth on my Google account, look the steps below:
- Go to your web browser and login to Gmail using your registered email address and password.
- Navigate to My account page.
- Now go to “Personal info & privacy section”. Search for “Your personal info”. Click on it.
- You have many options under Personal info section. Click on “Birthday” from there.
- Next to your birthdate, a pencil icon is present. Click on it.
- You can enter your birthdate in the format MM/DD/YY. Edit your birthdate accurately in the same format. After entering your correct birthdate, click on “Update” option.
- Your birthdate has been changed successfully. The new date will be shown in your Gmail account from now onward.
Change date of birth on google account using Mobile phone.
Use these steps to change your age on your Gmail account if you are using Android, Windows or iOS
- Open your browser and go to your Gmail mobile account. Login using your registered email address and password.
- Navigate to birthday section.
- Click on the pencil icon next to your birthdate.
- Enter or choose correct month, date and year of your birthdate and click on UPDATE option.
- Your Gmail birthdate is now updated using your mobile.
You cannot update your birthdate using Gmail app. There is no such option available in the Gmail app to change your age or birthdate. You will have to go to your internet browser in order to change your age.
To prevent an error message, always enter a valid birthdate for your Gmail account. When you change your birthdate on your Gmail account, your age gets automatically updated on other Google accounts.
From the “Personal info & privacy” section, you can also edit or change other settings like “Manage your Google activity”, “Ads Settings” or “Control your content”. In the personal info-section there are options to change your name, email, phone number, birthdate and Gender also.
Always keep your information correct and accurate.