Facebook notification is the first thing you observe and open when you log in to your Facebook account. Users run Facebook on mobile as well as desktop. It works well with Android and iOS devices including all browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer etc. Many times, users face the issue of Facebook notification not working on Firefox. The problem may be due to various reasons like a third-party app that is used to manage background processes.
Quick fixes to solve the issue of Facebook notifications not working on Firefox?
- First of all, check that your App Notifications is turned on. Go to Settings and click on Sound and notifications. Select App Notifications. A list will appear showing all apps with push notifications. Click on Facebook and check that notifications are not blocked.
- Clear cache data from the Facebook app and Messenger app.
- If you have any background data restriction to your Facebook app there is any power saving mode enabled that restrict notifications.
Methods to fix Facebook notifications not working:
Enable auto-sync on Android
- From home screen, go to menu.
- Click on settings. Scroll down till you get the option of Account and Sync.
- Check that Is your Facebook account is configured for your Android device.
- Click on three-dot icon from the top right corner of the screen.
- See that your auto-sync feature is enabled. If it is not, enable it and click on OK.
Enable push notification on iPhone, iPad and iPod
- Click on Menu and go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the list of installed apps.
- Go to Facebook and then click on Push Notifications.
- Move the slider next to Messages and enable it.
- Follow this step for other type of notification that you want.
Fixing Facebook Notifications on Huawei’s EMUI
Many Huawei models fail to send push notification. You can fix it in some easy steps.
- Click on Settings and go to Advanced Settings. Go to Battery Manager and select the option Protected Apps. Look for the entries for the Facebook app and Facebook Messenger app to add them to the protected list.
- Navigate to Settings and go to Apps. Click Advanced and tap on Ignore battery optimizations. Find out the Facebook app and then follow the same procedure for the Facebook Messenger
- Click on Settings and go to Notification panel & status bar. Select Notification center, and look for the Facebook app and activate Allow Notifications and Priority Display. Follow the procedure again with the Messenger App.
Fixing Android notifications from the desktop version of Facebook
Follow the steps discussed below to fix Android notifications:
- Log in to your Facebook account from your PC.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Apps
- Remove all accounts under logged in with Facebook.
- This will not close any of your accounts. This will not lose the purchases you have done through them.
- Logging in that account with Facebook will be disabled.
- After clearing out the list click the Edit button.
- Click Disable Platform.
- Switch over to your phone.
- Open the Facebook app and expand the action bar.
- Click on Notifications and toggle it OFF and ON
If still you face any issue, take the help of customer care. They are available 24*7 to assist you. Just call on their toll-free number and explain your issue.