The Hewlett Packard, commonly known as HP manufactures laptops, desktops, and printers into the globe. Its product HP printer Assistant, manages print activities and improves the efficiency of your printer. Using HP printer assistant, you can keep your device updated and secure.
Printers are essential devices and have a crucial role because they cater electronic information into tangible records. HP provides one of the most reliable and affordable printing machines. But many times, users are unable to print reports, presentations, letters, photos etc. HP printer Support Download will provide you complete solutions of the problems related to HP printers.
HP printer assistant enables you to track printer page usage and check the level of ink. You can scan document or image, take control of all the printing processes and much more using HP printer assistant. You can manage your printing tasks easily with the automatic updating feature.
How to Download HP Printer Assistant Windows 10
Follow these steps to download the software on your Windows OS version. (steps are same to download HP Printer Assistant in Windows 10, Windows 8 or for any other version).
- Turn on your printer.
- Make sure that the USB cable is removed from the printer as the installation process will ask to connect the cable if it is required.
- Go to “HP Support page”.
- Click on “Software & Drivers” for HP Printers and go to printers.
- Now type your printer model number in the given field. Click on “Submit”.
- The resulting page will show your printer model, click on the model that you are using.
- A list of printer driver will appear in the new page with different versions. Change it if you have any other device, choose the version you are using. Click on “Change”.
- Select a version you want to get and click on “Download”.
- Select the type of installation from “Typical” or “Recommended” to complete the process
How to Download HP Printer Assistant Mac
Mac computers or laptops have a full feature driver to support HP Utility. It has similar tools and features. To download HP Utility for Mac, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Click on “System Preferences” option under the Apple Menu.
- Click on the “Print & Scan” icon.
- Go to the “Plus” icon.
- Select the printer.
- Select the “Use” option.
- From the drop-down menu, select your printer model.
- Select the “Add button”.
- Double-click on your newly created print queue.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Tap the “Utility” tab.
- Click on “Open Printer Utility” option.
- Now, your device will automatically download and install HP utility.
To connect your printer with a phone (Android or iOS), install the HP support plugin.
What to do when HP printer Assistant does not open or shows multiple printers after upgrading Windows?
After upgrading your Windows OS to a new version, you may face the problem “Connect a new printer” option. HP Printer Assistant software displays the “Select a Printer” window with many names for your HP printer. But the printer connected through USB will not show such a message. Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Check for any available updates of HP printer driver/ assistant on HP support website.
- If any newer version or release is available, upgrade your printer assistant.
- Always use genuine HP cartridges.
- If you have any empty or defective cartridge, replace it. Also clean the print head if you want.
- Print in the backup mode if you want to print immediately irrespective of quality of the printouts.
If you have more query about HP Printer Assistant, contact the HP printer support team. The HP support team is available 24*7. You can also post your queries on the HP official website or call them on HP printer support number, that is toll-free.