How to use McAfee antivirus?
Antivirus software is designed in such a way that it not only detects and removes viruses from computers but also protect against a wide variety of threats. It also cleans malicious software like Trojan horses, worms, spyware, adware, and ransomware. There are many antiviruses available now a days, McAfee is one of them. McAfee.com/activate is a common name and it offers data protection, not only to companies but also to every person using McAfee activate antivirus program. McAfee total protection is a trusted antivirus to overcome the increasing cyber-crime rate.
How McAfee Antivirus works
McAfee Antivirus software runs in the background and scans computers, servers or mobile devices in order to detect the spread of malware and restricts it. mcafee.com/activate is easy to purchase and install in your system. Read to find out more about it.
Buying McAfee activate product key
- From your browser, go to mcafee.com/activate
- Now you have to create your profile to go to McAfee my account
- Select from the options- Consumer or Business.
- From the top menu, go to Products & Services from the top menu
- Scroll down and search for a plan and product you want to buy
- Click on Buy now and checkout from the page
- Fill the billing details to complete the payment process.
- You will get your McAfee activate product key on the email address you have entered while creating your account on Mcafee.com/activate
- Now log in to the new account and get McAfee activate product key
Get McAfee Activate Product key using a Retail Card
You can buy McAfee retail card either online or from a retail store. You can also get a McAfee activate product key from a third party online website. Follow these steps to redeem McAfee activate product key from the retail card:
- Unpack the card to get a 25-digit activation code with a link below it.
- Download McAfee Activate from the link Mcafee.com/activate
- Open McAfee.com/activate page
- On the main page, you will find a filed under ‘Enter your 25-digit activation code’
- Enter your McAfee activate product key and submit
- Now log in to your account and go to your profile.
- Click on Download your software
- Now install McAfee Activate on your Computer and open the downloaded file or McAfee activate package.
- Run the installation process and follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
- After successful installation, McAfee activate on your system.
- You can also use it to protect your Android device after having the subscription of multiple devices.
Activate McAfee on your Computer
- Double-click to open McAfee user interface on the screen
- Click Activate or Buy button, from the homepage
- You will be redirected to www.mcafee.com/activate page
- Sign in and buy a plan using the subscription method
- Now locate the code at Mcafee.com/activate to activate the antivirus successfully.
- Users those who have pre-installed McAfee activate version can avoid these steps. In this case, check if the subscription is still activated or not. Software that are outdated, make your device vulnerable. Go for renewing the plan or upgrade subscription.
Renew McAfee Activate Subscription
- Re-login to your mcafee.com/activate account
- Go to the home page and navigate to McAfee My account page
- Click on ‘Subscriptions’
- From the All expired section, click on View All
- Choose a plan that you want to renew and follow the on-screen process.
- Other than renewing old software, it can also be upgraded to a new plan.
- Go to your McAfee account, choose a product and select a plan. Complete the billing and you will get a new activation to your registered email address.
If you are upgrading from one product to another, you have to uninstall the older version. The software you use no longer should be removed to avoid the case of software conflicts. But don’t forget to follow the right process.
Steps to uninstall McAfee Activate from a PC
- Click on the icon to launch McAfee
- Log out from your account linked with mcafee.com/activate
- Close the McAfee tab. Exit from the toolbar of the window.
- Go to Settings and select System
- Click on Apps & features. Go to the list and select McAfee activate
- Click on Uninstall McAfee
- Now confirm your action by clicking OK
For further assistance, you can take the help of customer support.