Norton is one of the popular antivirus with millions of users around the world. it is favorite among users because of its innumerable benefits and features. among Norton error code 8504 is displayed on your computer screen in situations like:
- The user is trying to install Norton but already has an antivirus security on your computer.
- While trying to install Norton Security, the process is not completed, and the installation process fails.
- The notification to upgrade to a newer version but the process fails.
If you are facing any of the above situations, you have Norton Error 8504.
Methods to Fix Norton Error 8504 and 104
To resolve the Norton error 8504, follow these steps:
Remove antivirus or Free Security tools if you have any
- Uninstall antivirus or free security tool that is already installed on your PC.
- Press Windows+R keys simultaneously. Type appwiz.cpl there and hit enter.
- A list of all the programs installed on your PC will appear. Click on the Antivirus/Free Security tool. Select Uninstall/Remove program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the particular program.
- After the uninstallation process is complete, restart your PC.
Use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- Go to the Norton’s official website and download the latest Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Double click on downloaded file. Click on Run to install the software.
- Agree with the license agreement.
- Go to the advanced options.
- Click on remove followed by click on Remove.
- Restart your computer.
Update your Graphics Card
Updating the graphics card is a simple way to fix Norton error 8504. See below steps:
- Go to My Computer and right click on it. then you have to click on Manage and then Device Manager. Click on Display adapters. Other option is to press Windows+R keys and type devmgmt.msc. Click on Enter.
- Go to Display adapters and double click on it. Now right click on HD Graphics Card and click on Update Driver Software.
- Another way to check the status of your HD Graphics Card is to press the alt+enter key or right click and select.
- Once the drivers get updated, restart your computer.
Using Norton AutoFix Tool
Norton’s AutoFix tool fix many errors related to Norton including Norton error 8504. To start, run the Norton AutoFix tool and wait till it detects the issue. It will find the error automatically and will resolve it.
Remove any Non-Symantec Security or Unknown Software
Non-Symantec products or Unknown software are the most common reason for these kinds of issues. They download Uninstaller from lobit and create software conflicts. It is very essential to remove these unknown or non-systematic software to resolve Norton error 8504.
The users that have good knowledge of troubleshooting computer problems can solve this problem by their own. They can easily identify that whether they have any bad software installed on your computer. After verifying the publisher authority, you can remove it manually.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Go to the Control Panel and open Programs and Features option.
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously from the keyboard. A Run dialog box will open. Type this command here-appwiz.cpl
- Once the list of currently installed programs is open, click on the non-Symantec security product. Now click on Uninstall or Remove.
- Remove Software from any Unknown publishers.
If you are facing problem with above steps, you can take the help of customer support team. They are available 24*7. They have a team of technical experts sitting there to solve your issues.